Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Miniature flowers for the garden

I need lots of flowers for this garden. I've tried several ways of making them. This is what I have come up with so far.
I found these grasses at Micheals. I like the tiny leaves it has.


I seperated the leaf sections and will only wire 3 together for a nice clump. I used floral wire down the center of the sections and around the bottom stem to close.
                                                                 Here is one finished.
I'm always looking for mini flowers for my displays. It's hard to find them. Except from e-bay in the dollhouse section where they are very expensive. I had some babies breath that I had dried from my son's wedding. We had loads of it! LOL I added a little sprig to this grass and behold some cheap mini flowers. I liked it. So now I need more colors. Acrylic paint is my friend.LOL
I'm using some watered down acrylic paint to dip the dried flowers in. I noticed the babies breath I saved had some larger round blossoms and some really tiny ones that weren't quite open yet. That is good. Different sizes will look like different flowers.
Here is the babies breath after it's been dipped a couple of times. Then I tapped it against the side of the sink to get rid of any excess paint.

Here are a few of colors I used. After they dry again I sprayed them with Krylon clear spray paint it's the flat not glossy I didn't want the flowers to look shiny.
Sorry this picture turned wrong! You see my leaf organizer. I keep lots  of different kinds of plastic leaves to use in my displays. Here I found some tiny leaves to surround my flower. I cut them into sections then wire them together like you would do for normal floral arrangements.
  Here is one done. The flowers are really pretty strong covered with the krylon. I left a little wire at the bottom to make planting in styro a little easier. LOL
Here are 3 done. It took about 20 minutes to put them together. I added butterflies ( tutorial tomorrow) and I'm pleased with these, they look real.
Here are the plants I finished on my lunch hour.

1 comment:

  1. Love the flower tutorial !! Thanks for sharing. I especially love the extra touch with the butterflies. Fantastic ! Keep up the great work ! Your friend, Preston

    ReplyDelete