Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lavender for my garden


I found this at Micheals. 1.99 The lavender is a little big but in my garden I have some super gardeners! LOL I'm going to use the tops and save the other leaves for another type of grass.

I used a nail to poke a hole in the styro to plant my little lavender plant. I use plastic plants that I find at the hobby stores. I have tried the silk plants but they don't look nice. The plastic plants can also be cut and shaped to the size you need for your garden.



On my fairy grotto, I found some driftwood at the beach that reminded me of old forest trees. They where badly in need of a good washing when I got them home!I had to cut some sections off so they would fit my display. But I think they are going to look nice once I tweak them a little. Here I've added some ground foam to look like moss on the trunk and some pinkish moss to give it a little color. I still have to find foliage for the larger trunk. That's not easy. I've tried some fiber foliage from woodland scenics but I couldn't get it to look right. I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment