Thursday, July 29, 2010

Checking in at Micheals for Spookytown!

While checking Micheals to see if they had spookytown up yet ( NO!but they where setting the section):)
I found these little straw flowers for .99 cents a bunch. Since I had such good results  from the babies breath I thought these would make great sunflowers. So I seperated a few flowers and since they are green decided to bleach them.

After soaking them in bleach and soap for 15 minutes I found that all the flowers closed! LOL click on the picture to see better. I can use these too but why did they close??????
Next I had another brilliant idea to paint the petals! I took an open one painted all the petal,,,,,it closed too. I'm stumped with these flowers.
I'm still going to use these floweres  but now I'm afraid to spray them with the Krylon sealer!ARGGGHH!

1 comment:

  1. They may have closed since their a dried material and the moisture may've closed it up. I think if you use a floral paint you should be able to use them.

    ReplyDelete