Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Christmas Carol animation project.

I know I'm crazy but I'm going to try to add some animation to my  Christmas Carol village this year.

Last year I came up with a way to animate the scrooge's graveyard but it is bulky. Last year at Micheals I bought this Castle at 90% off about 12.00. It's a cute castle but I don't do vampires in my Halloween sets. I do think that I can use this castle for my pirate village with some modifications but that's for next year.
Of course this vampire castle doesn't work right the sound track is really draggy and the vampire that is supposed to pop out of the top only comes out every now and then.
What is working perfect is the circular wheel that makes the vampire(who is broken at the feet and glued back chase the girl.
If your wondering why I'm removing the little motors from this piece it's because it's actually cheaper to do this with a discounted House. The little motors cost 8 to 10.00 and the mini LED lights are just a few dollars, the gears and gearboxes are also a separate cost. But this way I have all that without having to put it together myself.
 Here is the circular piece I want for the shoppers. That's one motor. There is another one on the vampire that jumps up and down. I have to take some of the plastic off these cause I want them to be flat for the shoppers base.




 This is the circuit board that runs the lights and servos and sound I cut the wires to the speaker cause I don't want Dracula talking at christmas! LOL But when I cut those wires my on switch quite working. I'll figure that out later everything still comes on so I can just unplug it to turn it off.

 The plastic brace under my thumb has to go.The little silver motor will make another figure move.
 Here is everything taken off the castle I have about 6 or 7 LED lights and two motion motors. It's now flat enough to bury in my base.

No comments:

Post a Comment